Huge Tree Plantation Event To Recover The Damage Caused By Amphan Cyclone
As the Amphan cyclone ravaged through West Bengal on 20th and 21st May, it not only claimed several lives and damaged property, but also tore through the green cover of the greater Kolkata area. It toppled trees,amputated their big branches.
Even the grand old Banyan tree of the Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanical Garden in Howrah, that has weathered several storms in its 342-year-old lifetime, did not come out unscathed. It’s prop roots were mercilessly uprooted by Amphan, putting its status of being the world’s largest banyan tree in serious jeopardy. Apart from the Banyan tree, other inhabitants of the Botanical Garden suffered severely too. Media reports claim that out of 15,000 trees in that garden, more than 100 were overturned, and 1000 inquired. Trees fell in parks, college campuses, as well as people’s homes.
KMC officials have already claimed that almost 5,000 trees have been uprooted in Kolkata alone. But, if we look at the Kolkata Metropolitan Area (which covers 72 municipalities, and 527 towns and villages) then a conservative estimate of affected trees would be somewhere around 10,000, claimed Environmentalist and Green Technologist.
To compensate for the death of one mature tree, 10 new saplings have to be planted. So, to compensate for the deaths of so many matured trees during the Amphan cyclone almost a lakh of new saplings would be required, and even then, it wouldn’t be enough, because they won’t immediately absorb the same degree of pollution particles, give oxygen or take carbon dioxide as the matured trees used to, and will need considerable years to grow.
We, Little Hailstone, Decide to make a Huge Tree Plantation Project To Recover The Damage Caused By Amphan Cyclone. Please take part in our Project to recovery the damage of our Mather Nature by Amphan Cyclone.
Project Process: Terget 1 Lakh Tree Plantation
Time: 1st July,2020 to 20th July.
- You have to plant tree (plant at lease 10 tree) in your area/home.
- Make a video of your plantation.
- You have to Tell in Video:- Your introduction and You participate in Little Hailstone tree plantation programme.
- Upload it on any social media (Recomended Facebook). Copy the post link. The link is required at the time of form fill up.
- Tag us on social network, by which we can find your post easily.
- Please fill up the below form.
- After verify we will send you certificate in your email.
- Please Do not form fill up 2 times.